To start improving your language skills, you’re going to need to find someone to call and begin having a conversation with! But first, you need to find the right person.
To find the right person, you can use the search and filtering options within Gamelingu. After that, it’s just down to starting a call!
To search and filter people, just follow these steps;
- When logged into Gamelingu, click Search People from the left menu
- Use the filtering options at the top to find people who match your criteria
- People who speak – use this dropdown to select and find speakers of any language. By default, the languages you’ve set as being at Beginner, Intermediate, Advanced or Expert appear at the top of the list.
- And want to improve their – use this dropdown to select and find Gamelingu users who are looking to improve their language skills. By default, the languages that you’ve set as being Intermediate, Advanced, Expert or Native will appear at the top of the list.
- From – use this dropdown to select a country where the other Gamelingu user is located. This could be useful if you want to improve your Canadian French as opposed to your Metropolitan French for example.
- Connected – tick this box to show only users currently online and logged into Gamelingu, or unticked to see all results. You can still message a user even if they are offline to arrange a time to call for example.
- When you’re ready, click Search
- The matching results will show below immediately.
Your now free to view the profile of matches, follow them, send a message or even start a call if the user is online.